Thursday 21 February 2008

I spend my life ....

...in a state of confusion so I had lots to choose from for my photograph today. I went with my work table after I had been stamping for the very first time. Which card should I stamp on? Which Ink should I use? What medium should I use to colour it with? Which papers should I use? How do I cut it straight? Arrrgghhh how can something so simple be so confusing??

confused - lacking order and difficult to understand

After a quick visit to my local craft shop to ask some questions I was sorted AND I didn't spend a penny there. So here it is my first ever attempt at stamping.

Insert Drumroll here!!



Credits: Stamp "For You Fairy" from Willow Designs (thanks Sharon), basic grey papers, making memories cheeky flat clip, American Crafts ribbon.
.
I'm not happy with the pink flower so I am going to change it for an orange one later on but other than that I'm quite pleased with myself and it also fits in with the DCM challenge - Oh So Juicy.

15 comments:

sharon said...

lol..am right there with you on the confused pic..my desk is like that all the time..
WOW..brilliant card, your first attempt at stamping!!!!..my first attempt was NO WAY as clever as that!.x

Mima said...

Rach I think that you must have a creative soul as it seems that anything you touch turns out well! Really glad to hear that you have been managing to do some cards for yourself.

Bambi said...

great confused and lovely job you did there!

debby4000 said...

wow stunning card, love the fairy.

Andrea, said...

Fab card, love the stamp and the papers

Scott Booker said...

You and my sweetie Rene would get along great. She loves doing "Crafty" type stuff. I used to when I was younger...but then I just kinda lost interest. (Or time...one of the two)

JACKIE M said...

Looks familier =0) well done on the stamping I love that image great card all round.

Unknown said...

FANTASTIC card! Way way way better than my first attempt at stamping!

maz said...

Lovely post today and i can't believe that's your first stamped card! Amazin'...

Diane Rooney said...

Great minds think alike re: confusion! LOL Oh and that card - I love it. Beautiful and your first attempt? Wow, Rach. Ok - I think the pink flower is fine - just my humble opinion LOL - it matches the pink flower of the fairy. But of course it probably looks different in the "flesh". Either way, great job. Hope you are feeling better today. x

Jenga said...

Wow cute card :) Lovin that stamp !

Louise said...

gorgeous card Rach:)
that could be a piccie of my work space, really wish I could be more organised and tidy, but don't think it's going to happen!
X

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh this is so lovely card. Gorgeous design.

etteY said...

Great card for a first attempt ;) cool confused pic too!

good job there!

Sue said...

Clever you :-)

That card is super . . . and I agree with the flower change :-)

Great confused shot!

Sue