Monday 4 June 2007

Lid

A removable cover for the top of a container.


His: Camera Lid

Hers: Incinerator


















I thought today was going to be one of those days when I woke up with a headache. There was a bit of an improvement in my mood when I had to take one of the dogs to the vets for his boosters and we have a new male Australian vet so that was worth the visit and the inevitable leg cocked up the reception desk. It wasn't too bad when I weighed myself as I have lost 1lb this week which is a definite improvement on nothing! DH made me feel even better about this when he sneaked up behind me tonight and said either my breasts (not the word he used) were shrinking or he was getting man hands. Kyle had another day off school today due to an inset day so spent all morning moaning for me to go and play baseball - I don't think a grumpy Mum with a headache would be much good at baseball. Instead we took the dogs and the car to DH at work 4 miles away and walked home via the river and fields which was very pleasant. I even managed to leave the white magnum in the shop and just watched Kyle eat his Feast - how good am I today!

The major downs of today are Lily beetles that have munched the top off one of my new lilies and the slugs that have eaten my prized strawberry before I could. Just look at the damage they have caused in one day!!! I am going to put down my trusty cucumber tonight and then sneak out later and catch the little buggers. Tomorrow they can come on a dog walk with me and be released into the wild where they can munch to their hearts content. I wouldn't mind but I have a garden full of birds, newts and frogs so how these snails and slugs survive is any ones guess. Well I am off for nice relaxing bath now before we sit down and watch Dr Who from Saturday night then I'm going hunting! That's if I can ever get this blog to line up how I want it to.

Rach

x

7 comments:

Lima said...

Bad luck about the strawberry, must have been very annoying. :-(

Nice shot of the burn bin though. :-)

Unknown said...

Awww R.I.P Strawberry. My cousin found a strawberry thats the shape of a pig, its brill. Great photo :o) x

Anonymous said...

Oh shame about the strawberry! Great photo though, very rustic and it makes me want to peek into it!

Fiona said...

Great rusty metal shot :D

Nat said...

Fab pics! Just looked at your past shots too - and they are all brilliant :) Nice to see a fellow home-grower too!! xxx

pokettiger said...

Really great photos. I love that you have his and her versions!

Mummy Banana said...

I love the his'n'hers idea too!

Mine came up with alternative ideas for lid - not that they were as good as mine!

I love your pics today! :)