Tuesday 8 April 2008

Kicking myself

I'm not in work today so I have actually managed to put a photo up for the HS:MS prompt even if I didn't take it today. Yesterday was my first shift as a proper worker and not just a pretend one (trainee). It went well and my war wound didn't hold me back too much. Whilst defurring my legs at the weekend I sort of took a huge slice of skin off my ankle bone - nice. While in work yesterday I kicked the said ankle with my other foot (accidentally of course I don't normally go round kicking myself) and by the time I got home my sock had gotten itself stuck in the wound - even nicer. It took me over 10 minutes to remove my sock from my foot and then another 10 minutes to remove all the black fur from my ankle with some tweezers - lovely.
Today I am going to kick back (very carefully and away from my ankle) and relax as tomorrow is another busy one. I'm in work at 7am until 1pm, then I am visiting the lovely Mima at 2pm(ish) and then tomorrow night I am off to Kyle's parent teacher interviews so I may not be around until Thursday.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh good one Rach. Hope you have a lovely day x

Janice said...

That's lovely Rachel and I've just been over on your other blog - you are looking good girl!

Mima said...

And I can't wait to see you! How exciting not to be a trainee anymore. Enjoy your peaceful day and take care of that poor ankle.

Unknown said...

Great lever photo :o)

Kate said...

Great pic, reminds me of some canal holidays I've been on, where abouts was it taken?

Diana said...

poor you! take care of than ankle

Louise said...

fabby lever shot Rach.

You had me wincing with the wound/sock/fluff story... we've all been there and done that at some time. I say let wolf legs be wolf legs...LOL!!!

Hope work goes well for you
X

Scott Booker said...

OWWWWWWWWW!!! I would have been crying like a baby if my sock had got stuck in a wound!!! So sorry!!

Hope you got some rest...and hope the next work day goes better!!

Anonymous said...

I was flinching while reading the ankle story: I am useless with pain like that, even though I live on pills LOL

Have a great time - or rather you will be having a great time with Mima!

pokettiger said...

Very cool photo! Sorry to hear about your ankle injury. Hope it heals fast.

Zoe said...

Fab shot! Your poor ankle! My problem was always trying to balance on one foot and de fuzz in the shower - given up now (not defuzzing!!)( or showering!!) just the balancing bit - baths for defuzz days now!! Not eco friendly but definitely more ankle friendly! xx

Aubrey Harns said...

Gorgeous shot! Enjoy your day off!
Blessings,
Aubrey

Sue said...

Hi Rach :-)

Here for a longgggg catch up :-)

1. Next week would love to catch up with you and Mima. Do you know what day is a possibility for you?

2. New York. OMG is amazing BUT some downsides :-( Fabulous city . . . soooo fast ;-)

3. How's the diet ?

4. How's work ? :-) LOL at your injury . . . tho' I shouldn't as I totally get it, (done something similar). You need an epilator". Highly reccomended.

Love your shot. Great angle.

Scrolling down though may not comment.

Bye for now. Take care of your ankle. Sue :-)

maz said...

Ouch! The things we girls put ourselves through! Love the lock photo, great lever!

Jenga said...

Yeouch!!!! shudder!! You silly billy :P

Hazel said...

That's a great lever photo

Fese said...

great perspective