Monday 3 October 2011

SPENDING SPREE & TREES

A couple of weeks ago I saw a lovely tree on pinterest.  Pinterest is my new found love and if you look right you can click and follow me there.  We are lucky enough to be getting free wood for our log burner from a log cabin making company so when we picked some up last weekend I put some of it aside to make a similar tree.  After a bit of prating about we eventually came up with this.  I was going to paint and distress it but I love it so much Au Natural that it is staying as it is.




Yesterday I went to spend some money on useless items that I don't actually need.  Pete even insisted I bought this advent calender ready to decorate


We went for a look see around some antique units and I spotted this piece which will make 7 snowflakes for my Christmas Tree.  Hopefully by next Christmas I will be able to make my own.

The sewing shop was amazing and had the most beautiful fat quarters but I resisted and came away with some embroidery bits and bobs and some beads to use on things I make in my newly decorated fire room.


A visit to the scrapbooking shop completed my spending spree with these gorgeous papers which will match my new room beautifully and a template for making felt Christmas decorations.

No comments: