Tuesday 17 July 2007

Faking It!


No not an bogus injury from the car crash it's the title of the midweek challenge from the girls at DCM.


Fee Fi Fo Fum.....For our Little Extra challenge this week, we'd like you to "Go Faux it" Yes, all we want you to do this week is to use something fake on your cards. For instance you could make fake ribbon, fake brads or fake chipboard - we think you talented folk can come up with lots more "let's pretend" ideas so we can't wait to see your ideas.
I needed to make another birthday card for another Nephew so doubled up on this one. He loves trucks so thought I would adapt the train idea. I have done faux stitching on the truck and it's load and the buttons on the wheels are faux too. Not very happy with this one but I have 10 cards to make and only this afternoon to do them in so time isn't on my side. 2 down 8 to go!
On the car crash side of things I think I have got a hire car sorted out and it should hopefully be arriving at 11am tomorrow morning and I have been promised an estate car. It has taken until lunch time today and numerous phone calls over the last 4 days to get it but fingers crossed I am finally there! Just got to fill in the report form and draw my little pictures and I should be done with it until we get back from the sun.

Rach
x


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute card. Hope your car situation is improving! I can understand the complete frustration.

Lythan said...

I love the card. I am so sorry about your accident and all the hassle

Unknown said...

Why aren't you pleased with this card? I think it's fab! My son would certainly have like it when he was a bit younger.

On the accident/car front, I've been there in the same situation 3 times following car accidents when I was a driving instructor and know how totally frustrating it can be! One time, when suffering with terrible whiplash they sent me a 3 door car that I had to climb into the back of to put my baby into her seat, then they wondered why I complained!

Hope you get it sorted out ready for your holiday x

Donna said...

Very Faux! I really like the background paper you've used too.

Best of luck on the car front and have a great holiday


Donna in NZ
Guest Designer for Daring Cardmakers

Gillian said...

Hiya Rachael, love your cute little car, reminds me of Applique, I'm sure your nephew will just love it!

Lynne said...

Awww super cute card.

Sorry to hear about the trouble the accident - and all that comes with it. We went through the same this week, with our windscreen, grrrrr!!!.......
.....but have a great hoilday - you'll come home all relaxed and refreshed ready for the new Dare..x

Kathy said...

I think this is great - your ideas for kid's cards are so fab - I really struggle with them, so I'll be relying on you for inspiration next time, I think!

I just have to comment on your fake stitching - I so wish I could make mine as neat as this

mum-on-the-run said...

Love this card Rachael, it's fab!! The faux stitching and faux buttons look great.

Hope you have a great holiday and manage to forget the stress of the crash x

Cheryl said...

Adorable card! Enjoy your holiday....

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very cute design.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is fab Rachael - just perfect!

Unknown said...

Ohh how cute. I love that card!