Saturday 22 August 2009

ON THE MOVE

This is now my third attempt at blogging whilst away. I did manage a full one last night at the top of the hill behind the tent (I need to go there for a signal strong enough to post). I had just pressed send and everyone decided to leave me there in the dark so I gave up and ran after them - what a wus!

I am sat here on the campsite with my cup of tea being amazed by how some people can behave. Whenever we go camping we get them, we seem to be drawn to them. You know the ones. They are the ones that don't think there is nothing wrong with shouting and banging car doors at 1am on an otherwise silent campsite. The ones who have 2 large dogs who think they own the site and can crap anywhere without it being picked up. The ones who have I don't know how many young sons who when the whole campsite is asleep at 6.30am run up and down screaming and the parents see no wrong in it. The ones who don't appear to be leaving anytime soon but will hopefully be too knackered to make any noise tonight.

I never ever sleep well on my first night of camping, never have, never will. Even the sheep and owls kept me awake and I swear that waterfall sounds like an approaching tornado in the middle of the night. Despite all this we are having a wonderful time and even have some very promising blue skies for the second day running.

Yesterday was Pete's 41st birthday and for a present we took him buggy driving near to Llandudno. It was a great success and we are planning to go again for a full day without the boys.




Right I have finished writing so now I am going to climb the mountain which allows me to post.

2 comments:

Bobs said...

So all your trepidation about the buggy driving came to nothing then!! Yay for you!

xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey, we attract those kinds, too!

Glad you're having a good time despite the rude, mannerless people.